The Complete Travel and Expense (T&E) Management Guide
Travel and expense management is crucial for ensuring that business-related travel expenses are kept in check. However the accurate collection and reporting of all travel-related expenses pose a significant challenge.
As the person in charge of managing your organization's finances, you should be obsessed with making all expense management as efficient as possible in order to save money.
But how can you simplify the travel and expense management process when there are so many moving parts and people involved? By using the right tools for the job.
In this guide, you’ll learn the importance of having a good travel and expense management policy, how to make your T&E management more efficient, and what to look for in travel and expense management software.
What is travel and expense management?
Travel and Expense (T&E) management is the process companies follow to monitor and control business travel expenses. T&E management is vital as it affects the company's financial well-being directly by ensuring all travel-related expenses are tracked for tax deduction purposes.
T&E management involves tracking and controlling expenditures such as flights, accommodation, meals, and client entertainment. Effective T&E management ensures that these costs are necessary, reasonable, and aligned with the organization's policies and goals. This management is particularly vital as travel and entertainment expenses can quickly accumulate and become significant financial commitments for businesses.
Why is travel and expense management important?
As a finance professional, you know that cost management and expense reduction are crucial aspects of financial management work. One of the ways you can do this is by tracking all deductible expenses for tax reduction purposes.
And when it comes to the hierarchy of expenses you need to keep track of, those related to corporate travel and entertainment are of particular importance.
According to Mastercard, corporate travel and entertainment expenses have become the second-highest expense category.
But not only does T&E account for a large portion of the business expenses that companies have to deal with, but it’s also been identified as the second most difficult operating cost to control.
That’s why it’s so important that your organization develops and maintains effective T&E management policies, and uses the tools available to simplify T&E management.
The challenges of travel and expense management
Managing travel and expense (T&E) can be a complex task, often fraught with a range of challenges. These challenges can significantly hinder the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization's T&E process. Key challenges include:
1. Limited Fund Access: Employees often face constraints in accessing funds for travel-related expenses, which can lead to delays and complications.
2. Security Risks: The management of expenses, especially in a digital format, raises concerns regarding data security and the risk of financial fraud.
3. Outdated Policies: An organization's T&E policies may become obsolete or fail to align with current business needs and practices, leading to inefficiencies and policy breaches.
4. Lost Reports: Misplaced or lost expense reports can disrupt the reimbursement process, leading to employee dissatisfaction and administrative headaches.
5. Inefficient Bookkeeping: Manual and outdated bookkeeping methods can result in errors and inefficiencies, making it difficult to track and manage expenses accurately.
6. Lack of Spending Visibility: Without clear visibility into T&E spending, organizations struggle to control costs and make informed budgetary decisions.
7. Slow Reimbursement Process: Delays in processing reimbursements can demotivate employees and hinder efficient financial management.
How to make travel and expense management process efficient
1. Review your travel expenses and reimbursements
One of the first things you should do is take a look at your current travel expenses to see if there are any changes to be made.
Business travelers will always need to take trips, but perhaps there are some interactions that could be handled via videoconferencing.
You can also look for ways to minimize the expenses that need to be reimbursed. For instance, by using Pluto corporate cards, you could help eliminate, or at least reduce, the need to reimburse food expenses while giving you better control over them.
2. Examine your travel policy and keep it simple
If you are having trouble with your T&E management, you should take a look at your current travel policies (and if you don’t have one already, you should make that your top priority).
Your T&E policies need to strike a balance between flexibility and strictness. Too flexible and you create waste; too rigid and you limit the ability for people to do their jobs.
A good T&E policy should include the following:
- How travel will be booked
- The process to follow for reimbursement (including what type of supporting documentation is necessary, due dates, and other stipulations).
- Any budget or spending limits, including the specific transportation methods or hotels that can be used.
- Meal allowances.
And you want to keep your policy simple and easy to read. Minimize the jargon, use short paragraphs, and a simple format with bullet points, tables, and clear headings.
You should continuously review your expense policy, particularly as your business expands, to ensure that it’s aligned with any changes in your organization.
3. Go paperless
Your team should be able to access your expense policy from anywhere and at any time. But more than that, you should aim to digitize the expense report process as much as possible.
For instance, implement the ability to submit digital expense reports and capture receipts digitally. Not only will this allow you to get a clearer view of your operations at all times, but it will help simplify your bookkeeping and easily manage receipts.
Pluto has this function!
4. Use travel expense management software
Through effective use of travel and expense management systems, you can consolidate the different scaffolds in your expense process, automate them, and eliminate time-consuming approvals while minimizing, or outright eliminating, human error.
Using Pluto allows you to cut a lot of the fat out of the reimbursement process. Automate reports, data gathering, and approvals for expenses that meet your policies, leaving only those that don’t meet your policies for manual approval.
Furthermore, it can help you detect fraud by auditing your reports for duplicate expenses and any other anomalies.
And through software integration, you can use these different tools to create a unified T&E management process.
5. Top solutions for travel and expense management
There are many tools you can use to make your T&E management more efficient, for instance:
- Pluto Card allows you to issue unlimited virtual cards, create travel specific card limits monitor spending in real-time and most importantly, it allows your employees to reimburse quickly!
- A travel expense tracker can provide you with automated expense reporting and expense tracking.
- You can use a travel management platform that allows your employees to book flights, trains, and hotels and even rent cars from one place.
- Pluto mobile app makes the expense reporting process much simpler for your employees.
- You could take data from Pluto and travel management system directly into your accounting platform to further automate and simplify the T&E management process.
Expense management software for T&E management
One of the best ways to simplify your travel and expense management is by making use of the right T&E management software. However, with the increasing amount of options available, knowing which one fits your company best can be difficult.
Since no two businesses are exactly the same, there won’t be a one-size-fits-all solution. Having said that, you’ll have an easier time choosing between the different options by focusing on the specific features that you need, or at least should consider, in a T&E management platform.
Key features to look for in a travel and expense management software
1. Virtual cards
Pluto gives you the ability to create virtual cards for online purchases. These cards can be generated as single-use or recurring, giving you complete control in terms of how you set up your spending limits.
Virtual cards offer you similar benefits to corporate cards, in the sense that you get full visibility of your expenses and your employees don’t have to pay upfront, but they have the added benefit of being more customizable.
2. Flexible spending limits
Our expense management software can also give you a lot of control and flexibility over the spending limits that you set. Pluto allows you to set specific spending-limits for vendor and change them in real-time online.
This allows you to track expenses for specific countries or cities, while removing the need to manually configure spending limits each time someone makes a trip request.
3. Expense reports and analytics
If you want to make your expense management more efficient, you’ll need accurate data and insights into the spending habits of your employees.
Pluto gives you real-time reporting and analytics, to give your finance teams an easier time combing through all the expense data. For instance, a system with robust reporting capabilities should:
- Categorize expenses and organize reports by expense type
- Reconcile your reports
- Give you spending insights across all your departments
- Keep track of violations of your expense policies
- Provide you with real time spend visibility
By getting a clear picture of your expenses, you’ll have an easier time ensuring policy compliance, preventing fraud, and reducing travel costs.
4. No FX fees and multi-currency functionality
If your employees travel internationally frequently, you’ll want a product that comes with a card that doesn’t have additional fees or surcharges for international purchases.
At Pluto we have 0 FX fees. Furthermore, you’ll have an easier time managing these expenses due to multi-currency functionality automatically converting all transaction information to your country’s currency.
5. Mobile functionality
If you are trying to simplify your expense reporting process for travel expenses, then you need a way to work on those expenses on the go. Pluto’s mobile app would allow your employees to report their expenses right away from any location, while also giving them the ability to submit receipts digitally.
6. Integrated card management
If you opt for a software provider that also offers corporate credit card services, you’ll be able to automatically reconcile expense report entries with your card statements, detect any expense bottlenecks, and generally reduce the chances of fraud or misuse.
Pluto card management software will also give you more control over your corporate spending. Plus, you’ll be able to set and control your spending limits with much more ease.
7. Compatibility with other tools
When it comes to the use of technology in expense management, the more, the merrier.
Pluto can be integrated with your accounting software so that it can automatically populate expense reports and simplify your reimbursement through the use of your organization's accounting data.
Furthermore, by integrating your TEM system with your travel management system you can instantly take the travel booking information and add it to your expense reports.
8. Automated workflows, expense categorization, and tax calculation
The entire point of using travel expense management software is to automate as many processes as possible.
This includes the ability to customize your travel policies and approval workflows, categorize expenses for more straightforward tax calculation, and determine whether they are tax deductible or not.
Furthermore, by categorizing your expenses, you’ll have an easier time complying with the tax regulations of your country.
One feature that is sometimes overlooked in software platforms is the ability to scale your operations as your company grows. You don’t want to choose a system now only to realize it no longer meets your needs further down the line.
In this regard, Pluto is a great pick as we have the backend to support any business sidez from small teams to enterprise level accounts.
Effective expense management is all about visibility, flexibility, control, and automation. The most common pain points from T&E management come from outdated policies and manual inputs, which you should seek to update and simplify via means of a robust expense management platform.
When it comes to making your travel and expense management more efficient, the key things to remember are:
- Review and update your policy continuously to ensure it meets the needs of your business and employees.
- Examine your current expenses to look for opportunities to reduce reimbursements and consolidate expenses.
- Use Pluto to automate approval workflows and simplify the expense reporting process.
- Pluto also offers strong reporting capabilities, gives you a lot of flexibility for spending limits, and can be integrated with other tools for maximum effectiveness.
Find out how much your business can save with Pluto
Discover your savings with Pluto's Cost Saving Calculator and take control of your expenses. Unlock cost-efficiency now!Calculate Now
Learn how Pluto is helping Keyper to eliminate petty cash spending and optimize spend managementRead More
At Pluto Card, our mission is to assist businesses of all scales make well-informed choices. To uphold our standards, we follow editorial guidelines to guarantee that our content consistently aligns with our high-quality benchmarks.
Get started with a free account
Let Pluto do all the heavy lifting, so your finance team and employees can focus on things that actually matter and add to your bottom line. Get started with a free account today.
You may also be interested
How IT & Procurement Teams Should Evaluate Spend Management Products
In today's fast-paced business world, managing expenses can be a daunting task for IT and procurement teams.
To help you out, we compiled a list of features and functionalities that you should consider when picking your spend management platform.
Spoiler alert, Pluto has them all.
PCI DSS Level 1 Provider
One of the essential features that should be given high importance is the product's PCI DSS Level 1 compliance.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of guidelines and security requirements designed to safeguard payment card data.
The standard was developed by major credit card companies, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB, to ensure that all companies that handle payment card data maintain a secure environment. PCI DSS compliance helps to prevent fraud and data breaches, protecting both the company and its customers.
PCI DSS Level 1 is the highest level of certification a company can achieve for PCI compliance.
It requires companies to undergo a rigorous independent audit to ensure compliance with all 12 of the PCI DSS requirements, including network security, access control, and vulnerability management.
Achieving PCI DSS Level 1 certification demonstrates that a company has a comprehensive and effective security program in place to protect payment card data.
When evaluating corporate spend management products, IT and procurement teams should look for products that have achieved PCI DSS Level 1 compliance to ensure that the product meets the highest security standards.
This will help to ensure that the company's payment card data is adequately protected and that the company is meeting its compliance obligations. By prioritizing PCI DSS Level 1 compliance, IT and procurement teams can help to safeguard their company's reputation and financial well-being.
Being PCI DSS Level 1 compliant is essential for any organization that handles corporate card information, as it provides a high level of security and assurance that the organization is taking all necessary measures to protect its customers’ data.
Pluto Card is proud to be PCI DSS Level 1 compliant. This means that our customers can trust that we have taken all necessary measures to secure their data and protect it from unauthorized access.
We also partner with vendors who are held to the highest security standards, such as PCI or SOC2 compliance.
Passwordless login is a secure and convenient way for users to access their accounts without the need for a password. It is an effective way to protect against unwanted access to your account, as passwords can be easily compromised or stolen. By tying your Pluto access with a company email account provided by your organization ensures that when your employees lose access to their company email address they also lose access to Pluto.
At Pluto Card, we understand the importance of passwordless login, and we offer this feature to our customers. With our passwordless login feature, our customers can access their accounts quickly and securely, without the need for a password.
Activity Log And Audit Trails
Activity logs and audit trails are crucial for ensuring strict auditing everywhere. An activity log records all user activity within an application or system, while an audit trail provides a record of all changes made to data within the system.
Pluto Card offers a 7-year audit log, which means that our customers can track critical changes made to their data over a seven-year period.
Employees that are using our platform have only as much access as they need, and we have infrastructure redundancy built into Pluto, which means that all compute and data is run in multiple geographies.
Business continuity is paramount at Pluto - to this end, we ensure data redundancy with redundant backups in multiple geographies as well.
In addition, at Pluto, your application data is always encrypted in transit, and at rest.
Continuous Security Scans
Pluto also provides a continuous security scan, which tackles multiple dimensions, including code or dependency vulnerabilities, infrastructure, and public endpoint scans.
Our customers can be assured that we take security very seriously and are always on the lookout for any potential security threats.
In the event of a security incident, we have an immediate incident response plan in place and will notify impacted customers without undue delay of any unauthorized disclosure of customer data.
24x7 Customer Support and Dedicated Account Manager
In addition to these security features, Pluto Card also provides 24x7 customer support.
We understand that our customers need support around the clock, and we are always available to help with any questions or issues that may arise.
Data Infrastructure, Redundancy and E2E Encryption
We also provide infrastructure and data redundancy, which means that our customers’ data is highly available and secure, even in the event of a system failure or outage.
Data is always encrypted in transit, which means that it is always protected during transmission between servers or devices.
Finally, another crucial feature that IT and procurement teams should consider when evaluating corporate spend management products is data residency and retention policies.
Pluto Card offers an audit trail for changes to customer data, so we can track who did what.
Additionally, we have a data residency promise of 7 years, which means that we retain customer data for that period of time.
This can be important for compliance with regulatory requirements, such as tax or financial reporting.
In conclusion, when evaluating corporate spend management products for your enterprise, it’s essential to consider the security features that the product offers.
PCI DSS Level 1 Compliance, passwordless login, activity logs and audit trails, and data residency and retention policies are all critical features that can help ensure the security and integrity of your organization’s financial data.
Pluto Card offers all of these features, along with 24x7 customer support and infrastructure and data redundancy, making it an excellent choice for organizations looking for a secure and reliable corporate spend management solution.
For more information visit plutocard.io and book a demo.
Step-By-Step Guide for an Effective Procurement Audit (With Checklist)
Some common procurement challenges are inadequate documentation, ambiguous contracts, insufficient internal controls, risk management, and non-compliance with industry standards.
There are only two ways to identify such issues: wait for repercussions to disrupt the supply chain or conduct a procurement audit.
This post will cover how to conduct a comprehensive procurement audit with a step-by-step process and checklist.
What is a Procurement Audit?
A procurement audit is a systematic review of the procurement process to ensure compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
The auditing team carefully reviews documents like contracts and purchasing records in a procurement audit. It examines each phase of the procurement process, from bid assessments to contract management, to identify discrepancies and optimize efficiency. The main goal is ensuring adherence to regulations, minimizing risks, and refining procurement practices for optimal organizational outcomes.
How To Prepare for a Procurement Audit
For an effective procurement audit, consolidate all the documents with proper access for relevant stakeholders. Employ procurement software to create a single source of truth and avoid unnecessary friction.
Implement access controls to restrict permissions to view-only access for sensitive procurement data. This step ensures that only authorized individuals, such as the audit team, can access critical information, minimizing the risk of unauthorized alterations or data breaches.
Here is an exhaustive list of documents you will need for the procurement audit:
- Procurement policies and procedures, including the updates or revisions to these documents
- Contracts and agreements with vendors — amendments, renewals, or modifications to existing contracts
- Purchase orders issued during the audit period and supporting documentation for each purchase order
- Invoices related to procurement and payment records, including dates and amounts paid
- Goods received notes and delivery records, including dates, quantities, and item condition
- Vendor profiles, including contact information and details of vendor qualifications and any evaluation or performance assessment reports of vendors
- Bid and proposal documents, the evaluation criteria, and scoring records for vendor selection
- Records of communication that are related to procurement decisions and processes — correspondence with vendors, internal departments, and other stakeholders
- Documentation outlining internal controls within the procurement process — evidence of segregation of duties and authorization processes
- Previous internal and external audit reports and any actions taken or improvements made based on earlier audit recommendations
- Procurement budgets and any adjustments or variances with the original budget
Five Steps for Conducting a Procurement Audit
With all the documents ready, begin the procurement audit process. Here is an end-to-end five-step audit process with checklists for a successful audit:
1. Gather Stakeholder Input
Conduct interviews with key stakeholders to gather insights. This adds a layer of understanding regarding the human aspects of the procurement process, helping identify challenges and opportunities for improvement.
Additionally, collaborate with relevant stakeholders, such as department heads and key project managers, to decide the scope and create an audit plan. This inclusive approach ensures an understanding of organizational needs and contributes to developing an effective and targeted audit strategy.
2. Assign Roles
Create a clear roadmap for team members. First, designate a lead auditor to oversee the entire process. This person ensures coordination and consistency.
Then, distribute specific responsibilities among team members, such as document analysis, interviews, and data assessment. This division of labor maximizes efficiency, expertise, and accountability, contributing to a well-executed procurement audit.
Here are the top four best practices when assigning roles to an audit team:
- Clearly define team tasks to prevent confusion and streamline workflow
- Implement segregation of duties for an unbiased audit process
- Rotate roles periodically to encourage collaboration and shared expertise
- Foster collaboration among diverse team members for a comprehensive assessment
3. Identify Problem Areas
Examine the procurement process to identify weaknesses and assess the overall efficiency of the procurement process. Here are the top four steps to keep in mind:
Assess Purchase Orders, Purchase Requests, and Invoices
Examine the purchase orders, requests, and invoices for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established protocols. Ensure that the documentation is easily accessible. Any discrepancies or missing information indicates inefficiencies or errors in the procurement process.
- Misplaced signatures, unclear specifications, or missing supporting details
- Discrepancies in recorded quantities, prices, or delivery dates
- Mismatched product codes, incorrect quantities, or inaccurate pricing
- Implement a standardized checklist for purchase orders and requests, ensuring all necessary information is included
- Conduct regular training for procurement staff on accurate and comprehensive documentation practices
- Employ procure-to-pay software for storing and retrieving documents, enhancing accessibility and reducing errors
Review Vendor Relations
Evaluate the strength and effectiveness of relationships with vendors. Examine vendor agreements and contracts to ensure they are clear, comprehensive, and aligned with organizational needs. Also, verify the effectiveness of vendor vetting processes.
- Contracts lacking specificity in payment schedules, service levels, or delivery terms
- Failure to verify vendor credentials, financial stability, or past performances
- Conduct periodic vendor performance reviews to ensure ongoing reliability
- Develop transparent and standardized contract templates specifying payment schedules, service levels, and delivery terms
- Diversify vendor partnerships to diminish dependency and enhance resilience
Analyze Procurement Practices
Assess the entire procurement process to check if it adheres to industry standards and complies with organizational policies and legal requirements. This involves comprehensively examining sourcing, contracting, and purchasing practices to identify deviations or shortcomings.
- Failure to adhere to industry standards or legal requirements, showcasing a disregard for regulatory protocols
- Continued reliance on outdated or non-competitive suppliers, hindering cost-effectiveness
- Lack of systematic identification and mitigation of potential risks, exposing the organization to unforeseen challenges
- Provide training sessions on industry standards and legal requirements to ensure ongoing compliance
- Organize quarterly workshops focusing on proactive risk identification and mitigation strategies, fostering an aggressive risk-aware culture
Examine Internal Controls
Evaluate the segregation of duties, authorization procedures, and overall internal controls. Make sure that checks and balances are in place, preventing fraud, errors, or unauthorized activities that compromise the integrity of the procurement process.
- Allocation of responsibilities for both approval and execution to a single individual increases the risk of errors or fraudulent activities
- Insufficient checks and balances in the approval process, allowing unauthorized transactions
- Absence of mechanisms to detect irregularities, fostering an environment conducive to fraudulent activities
- Provide employee training on fraud prevention and promote a culture of ethical behavior
- Implement proper approval workflows to enhance control mechanisms
4. Spot Out-Of-Process Spending
Investigate expenditures to ensure they align with approved procedures. Any out-of-process spending indicates a lack of adherence to procurement guidelines, necessitating corrective measures.
- Missing or inaccurately recorded receipts, making it challenging to validate and track expenses
- Insufficient supervision that enables unsanctioned spending to go undetected
- Implement strict spending approval processes with explicit guidelines
- Conduct periodic spending reviews to identify and rectify discrepancies
- Use spend management software for real-time monitoring to detect and address unauthorized spending promptly
Here is a list of elements to assess for the internal procurement audit:
Procurement Audit Checklist
Check the following items to get a comprehensive overview of your procurement process.
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Clear audit trail for procurement transactions, documenting each step in the process
- Delegation of authority matrix
- Roles and responsibilities as per the matrix
- Training manuals to help users
- Logical access rights to respective users
- Segregation of duty (SOD) rules in the software
- The purchase order dump — pick samples to check
- If each purchase is supported by at least three vendors
- Cost-benefit sample for vendors
- Terms for purchase orders
- Agreements of major purchases
- Terms of sample agreements
- Annual procurement budget aligned with annual operations planning
- Goods received notes (GRN) report
- Open purchase requests and purchase orders
- Exceptions to the process being approved
- The aging of material available in the warehouse
- If the same material was purchased by multiple vendors
- Vendors approval process
- Duplicate vendors in the system (identified via PAN)
- Dummy vendors
- Minimum order quantity (if created)
- If the company maintains any risk register related to the procurement function
- Sample vendor payouts (as per purchase order terms)
- Internal control over financial reporting related to procurement
- Measures to secure procurement data and ensure confidentiality
- Ethical vendor selection practices, ensuring fairness, transparency, and avoiding conflicts of interest
5. Prepare Audit Report
Compile all audit findings related to internal procurement processes. Then, based on the following inspection, create an audit report:
- Ensure procurement aligns with policies, standards, and legal requirements, identifying non-compliance and assessing organizational risk and reputation impact
- Analyze the workflow, pinpointing bottlenecks and assessing control effectiveness for optimal procurement efficiency
- Evaluate resource utilization in personnel, technology, and budget to optimize productivity without compromising quality
- Assess risk identification, assessment, and mitigation in procurement, recommending improvements for enhanced resilience and threat minimization
Once the assessment is complete, document recommendations to address identified issues and improve procurement processes. Also, highlight aspects of the procurement process that align with best practices.
Compile all findings, analyses, and suggestions into an audit report. Present the identified strengths and weaknesses, seeking input and additional context to enrich the audit findings. Finally, establish a monitoring mechanism to track the outcomes of the implemented changes. Regularly revisit and update procurement practices based on changing organizational needs, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
Regular Audits for Efficient Internal Processes
Routine procurement audits aren't just crisis management tools; they are proactive investments. By dedicating time and resources to periodic evaluations, you prevent issues before they arise. The long-term gains in efficient processes, improved vendor relations, and heightened compliance far outweigh the initial investment.
Automation adds a transformative layer to your procurement process, speeding up audits and providing real-time insights. We have covered in-depth how procurement automation can reinforce your internal processes without impacting your supply chain. Read how you can automate procurement without unnecessary complications.
What is Pluto Card?
What is Pluto Card?
At Pluto, we believe better expense management should be within everyone's reach. We solve MENA finance teams' pain points by replacing their business credit cards with Pluto corporate cards to help manage their expenses, saving them time and money.
How do we do that?
Create Unlimited Corporate Cards
When multiple employees have access to one company credit card, it can be difficult for finance teams and business owners to track how much is being spent and where.
The result: everyone texting the CEO or CFO for OTPs during important meetings.
Pluto makes it easy to create and distribute virtual and physical corporate cards to each employee. Not only does this minimize fraud risk, but it also makes expense tracking simpler for finance teams, CFOs, and CEOs.
With Pluto’s unlimited corporate cards, you’ll be able to:
- Create virtual cards in seconds.
- Receive physical cards in 1-2 days.
- Use cards for vendor-specific cases.
- Assign every employee a budgeted corporate card.
Are you running ads at a cost that exceeds your marketing budget? Are you providing new hires with an allowance to cover the costs of their office equipment and software, or do you offer employees additional perks such as a monthly gym stipend?
Pluto gives you the ability to set limits and take control of your company’s business expenses, hassle-free.
With Pluto’s all-in-one expense management platform, you’ll be able to:
- Assign virtual or physical cards with spend limits.
- Allocate a specific budget towards daily, weekly, or monthly expenditures.
- Create a single-use purchase card that automatically deactivates once it is used.
- Control spending for different departments by allotting a budgeted amount to be spent.
Goodbye overspending 👋🏼
Reimburse In Record Time
Reimbursements can be a painful process when the end of the month rolls in. Whether you’re scrambling to find lost receipts, trying to match receipts to their expenses, or organizing them in a document, there’s no easy way.
Drag & drop receipts
Pluto makes it easy for employees to list receipts.
Once a business expense is made by an employee, they’ll be able to drag & drop an image or screenshot of the receipt onto the Pluto dashboard.
Yes, as simple as that.
Easily reconcile receipts
Pluto allows you to seamlessly submit your receipts onto the platform. With Pluto, reconciliation is a breeze.
Once a business expense is made:
- Attach receipts to card transactions with just a few clicks.
- Transactions will automatically be categorized.
Add a memo to every transaction.
Get reimbursed in minutes
Waiting till the end of the month to get reimbursed for out-of-pocket business expenses is no longer necessary!
Pluto gives you the opportunity to get reimbursed in minutes.
Once a reimbursable out-of-pocket expense is made, head to the Pluto dashboard to log the expense and get reimbursed as soon as it is approved.
Get Real-Time Data
Your month-end expense report comes in—and you find that you've spent more money than budgeted. Again.
With Pluto, you can stay on top of your expenses at any given moment.
By getting real-time data, you can view reports of your company’s spending and ensure that your company’s finances are in check.
It's simple, Pluto helps you avoid overspending and keep track of your company's finances in real-time.
So what does this mean for you?
- See transactions happening on your cards in real time.
- Receive notifications about every single card transaction, if needed.
- Collect information on which vendors your company is spending the most money with.
- Identify which employees or departments are spending the most.
- Get an overview of the expenses you have incurred daily or month-to-month.
Pluto allows you to adjust if spending has gone off course—and plop some celebratory balloons if it hasn't 🎊!
Integrate With Other Platforms
Every business has multiple platforms, and we know how important it is for them to talk to each other. Pluto's integrations make it easy to get started and ensure you have all the data you need in one place.
Pluto syncs your company's transactional data to the most popular accounting platforms through direct integrations so you can automate your accounting and close books faster.
No more end-of-month mayhem! 😅
Mobile Wallet Integration
With Pluto, you can add your virtual or physical cards to your digital wallet to make transactions seamless and easy.
We support Google Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay.
What Else Does Pluto Offer?
Pluto gives you the opportunity to scale your business, without having to worry about the smaller details.
No FX Fees
Pluto doesn't charge you any foreign transaction fees for using your Pluto corporate card outside of the UAE.
If your business is expanding rapidly and your team is traveling more frequently, you won't have to worry about those pesky charges eating into your profits.
Or if your company needs to pay for subscriptions, contractors, or freelancers in a different country, you can do so without racking up a bill in FX fees.
Remote teams, frequent flyers, or big spenders, we've got you covered!
Whether your team is distributed, travels a lot, or makes international payments, Pluto’s corporate cards are accepted worldwide.
Advanced Security & Privacy
Pluto is PCI DSS Compliant. We take the safety of your information very seriously; all your data is stored and processed following the highest data protection standards in the industry.
Get Started in Minutes
Pluto's sign-up process takes minutes, not hours. By adopting a KYB and KYC process that can be done within a few clicks, you’ll be making transactions in no time.
- Simple application process.
- No credit history is required.
- Fast approvals.
- Instant card access once approved.
Let us take the hassle out of managing your expenses. Start Using Pluto Today - For Free.
Modern finance teams save time & money with Pluto.
Get started today
Join 2000+ finance professionals keeping up to date with the latest news & releases.
© Pluto Card is a Pluto Financial Services Inc. company 2024
The product and services mentioned on this webpage belong to Pluto Technologies Ltd (Pluto), a company incorporated under the laws of Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai holding commercial license number CL5294. Pluto is a financial technology provider and not a bank. Pluto provides certain facilities for the utilization of payment services through Nymcard Payment Services LLC under the applicable payment network and Bank Identification Number Sponsorship of Mashreq Bank PSC. This is pursuant to the license by Visa® Inc and is available for the residents of UAE subject to Terms and Conditions of use